Litecoin CFD Trading
Litecoin has established itself as the leading competitor to Bitcoin, and now you can trade this exciting digital currency with AvaTrade. When you trade Litecoin as a CFDs with AvaTrade you can trade long or short (buy or sell) instantly, so you can act on your analysis whether you’re optimistic or cynical about the future of digital currencies. AvaTrade is an industry-leading broker with some of the best trading conditions available, including the lowest crypto spreads on the market.
- Trade Litecoin with leverage Up to
- Trade on the powerful MetaTrader 4 or MetaTrader 5 (more on how to use Metatrader 5) and WebTrader platforms
- Trade wherever you are with our free tablet and mobile apps
- Enjoy the security of trading with a regulated broker
- Get live support in your language whenever the markets are open
- The Litecoin market is available to traders 24/7, for maximum convenience
- Both manual and automated trading platforms available
AvaTrade is an industry-leading broker with some of the best trading conditions available, including the lowest crypto spreads on the market.
What is Litecoin?
Litecoin is an open-source internet currency that allows for instant, near-zero cost peer-to-peer payments across the world. The Litecoin blockchain is capable of handling higher transaction volumes, unlike its forefather the Bitcoin.
This is mostly due to it’s more frequently generated blocks, where the network supports more transactions without the need to modify any future versions of the software. As a result, merchants gain faster payment confirmations.
The Science of Litecoin
Electronic mining of Litecoins started by allocating miners 50 new Litecoins per block. This amount was halved every four years or approximately every 840,000 blocks. Currently, miners get 12.5 Litecoins reward per block. This will go down to 0 by approximately 2042. The network for the Litecoin is set to produce 84 million Litecoins, which equals up to 4 times the amount of Bitcoin units.
The distribution of Litecoins is done by wallet encryption that secures the safety of the coins as well as allows you to view your transactions.
Why Trade Crypto CFDs With AvaTrade?
- Uncompromised Safety – With 7 regulatory authorities and segregated accounts, your money is protected at all times.
- Many Cryptos to Choose From – Trade on the wide variety of individual cryptos or the top crypto index available on our trading platforms.
- No Hidden Fees – We offer zero commissions and no bank fees on transactions!
- Crypto Never Sleeps – AvaTrade is one of the few brokers to offer around-the-clock service and support in 15 languages.
- Generous Leverage – Increase your initial capital with generous leverage and get far more exposure to trade than your account balance. Up to 2:1 (for EU residents) 25:1 (for non-EU residents).
- Limit Your Risk – You can preset profit and loss levels by using stop losses or take profit limits when you trade. Determine the maximum amount you are prepared to risk when speculating on the price or set a price at which you want to take profits. Future orders like Buy Stops and Buy Limits are also available. You can also use our ground-breaking AvaProtect risk management tool which covers your trades against losses.
- Trade Cryptos Against Fiat Currencies – Unlike many exchanges out there, who are restricting their clients to trade only Crypto to Crypto, our clients can trade Cryptos against Fiat currencies (USD, EUR, JPY etc.), as well.
✅ Why CFDs make sense for Trading Litecoin?
CFDs allow you to speculate on the price of Litecoin future market movements, without physically owning the coin. Instead, you will be speculating on the price moves. You can trade Litecoin in both rising and falling markets, unlike if you were buying the actual asset, in which case you buy it to profit from a price gain. In addition, you can gain exposure with a lower amount of capital and benefit from:
- Security – You don’t have to worry about your Litecoins being stolen. CFDs are a derivative product. Your potential profits are based on the movement of the Litecoin price, but no Litecoins are bought or sold in your name.
- Simplicity – Buying cryptocurrencies directly can be complicated. With AvaTrade CFD trading, it’s as easy as selecting Litecoin from a menu and clicking to SELL or BUY. It’s so simple, you can do it on your mobile or tablet too.
- Trade CFDs on leverage – As a financial derivative, you can trade CFDs on leverage, meaning you can open a larger position in the market.
- Diversify – As one of the world’s leading CFD brokers AvaTrade offers a wide range of CFD products and Forex pairs for you to trade, all from a single platform.
Litecoin – Silver to Bitcoin’s Gold
Litecoin is a peer-to-peer, decentralised digital currency (also known as a cryptocurrency) based on the Bitcoin system. The creators of Litecoin sought to adapt the Bitcoin model to develop a more stable and efficient currency.
There are several key differences between Bitcoin (and its spin-offs Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin Gold) and Litecoin, including the way coins are “mined”, security procedures, and the total number of coins destined to be produced.
In 2013 Litecoin’s value rocketed from less than $0.01 to more than $20. Could Litecoin follow Bitcoin’s lead and keep on rising in value? With AvaTrade you can enter and exit the markets, with our speedy execution and leveraged positions. Practice on our 21-day demo account and feel your way through trading Litecoins and getting to know your way around our platforms.
When trading with AvaTrade you are trading on the price changes of the digital coin, and not physically purchasing it.
The maximum accumulated position size for Litecoin is $200,000 notional value, details in our Conditions and Charges page.
Litecoin Trading FAQ
- Is it a good idea to trade Litecoin?
Litecoin has remained a very popular cryptocurrency over time, holding in the top ten largest by market cap for the past several years. Along with that the price action of Litecoin remains extremely volatile and active, making this one of the better cryptocurrencies for trading purposes. In 2019 and 2020 Litecoin has seen several peaks and valley, with its price doubling in some cases within months, or being cut in half in the same short period of time. While this volatility does increase the risk or trading Litecoin, it also dramatically increases the potential rewards.
- Where can I go to trade Litecoin?
Litecoin is a digital asset and as such there are no centralized exchanges for trading Litecoin. In fact, as a peer-to-peer technology you could trade Litecoin with a group of friends if you wanted to do so. Of course, that wouldn’t be very profitable either. Because Litecoin does require an understanding of how these new cryptocurrency exchanges work, as well as the workings of wallets and private keys, we recommend traders avoid buying actual Litecoin and simply trade CFDs to profit from the price action of the cryptocurrency.
- What’s the best trading strategy for Litecoin?
Given the extreme price changes seen in the coin we prefer to use technical analysis for trading Litecoin. A strategy that uses breakouts, support and resistance, and oscillators to identify overbought and oversold levels should work quite well. Also, unless you are planning on holding Litecoin as an investment we recommend you avoid the actual purchase of the cryptocurrency and instead use CFDs to focus solely on the price action and potential profits to be made by trading Litecoin. You can do that easily here at AvaTrade, where we’ve made CFD trading on Litecoin simple and easy.